at 2014-11-21 03:21:03
To create a new scan please follow these easy steps:
- First you need to Sign Up to SFOscanner, you will be registered automatically as soon as you finish filling up the registration page.
- Login into the SFOscanner using the login and password you just created.
- Click on the Scan Builder link on the main menu
In the Scan Builder page you should have a first scan condition row appear on the screen empty.
- Let’s start typing the word dividend in the LEFT LOGICAL STATEMENT. As you start typing the word dividend, the option Dividend Yield will appear on the Data Element Dropdown;
- Select that option;
- Now let’s fill out RIGHT LOGICAL STATEMETN. Click inside the RIGHT LOGICAL STATEMENT (field with the red frame) and type in the number 6 and press ENTER;
Let’’s add a second condition to this scan.
- On the right side of the first condition row click on ADD link.
- Now you should see a second row added. In the LEFT LOGICAL STATEMENT start typing market. Select Market Capitalization the dropdown list and in the RIGHT LOGICAL STATEMENT field enter a number 100000
- Click on the button RUN below.
- You should see a selection of the companies that yield move then 6 percent with market capitalization of over 100,000 million dollars.
- Now change the logical condition between the LEFT and RIGHT LOGICAL STATEMENTS from > (greater then) to < (less then) and hit RUN again.
- You now should see the companies that pay out 6% in dividends with market capitalization below 100,000 million dollars